Article 1 – Sponsor
With this competition announcement we present the first edition of the “DHG Around The World” contest.
The contest is sponsored by Main Street srl, owner of the websites www.dyeinghousegallery.com , www.dhgshop.it and www.dhgten.com. The company is part of Gruppo Colle srl located in Usella-Cantagallo (PO), Italy.
For further information on the Sponsor of this contest please visit the websites: www.gruppocolle.it and www.dyeinghousegallery.com.
Article 2 – Objectives and theme of the contest
To mark its 10th anniversary, the company would like to celebrate this milestone with a photography contest. This contest sets out to tell the story of the company and its products through the eyes of its own clients.
Article 3 – Prizes
The contest provides for the distribution of the following prizes:
- One winner every 3 months will be awarded 1 voucher for the amount of 500.00 Euro to spend on www.dhgshop.it;
- One final winner, chosen from the four winners of the trimestral selections, will be awarded a trip to and one week stay in Prato (Tuscany – Italy) with a visit to DHG.
Article 4 – Rules of participation
Participation is free and open to all Italian or foreign artists, without distinction of gender or other qualifications. The organizers and Sponsor of the event, the judges, as well as their families and employees cannot participate in the contest.
Each artist may participate individually or in a group. In the case of group participation, the members must single out and undersign the nomination of a group leader who, to all effects and purposes, will represent them, including contractually, and to whom all communications about the contest will be sent to. The group leader will be the one and only recipient of the prize at stake.
Article 5 – How to enter
The contest will be divided into the following stages:
- submission of a photo/more photos through the dedicated online form on www.dhgten.com;
- publication of the photos online, subject to the approval of the Sponsor;
- announcement of the trimestral winner and the finalization of said winner (within the 15th day of the first month of the next trimester);
- at the end of the contest, within December 15th 2017, the final winner will be announced.
Article 6 – Registering for the contest
Participation in the “DHG Around The World” contest is free and is carried out exclusively through registration, which entails the complete acceptance of the contest rules.
Registration must take place through the website www.dhgten.com and by completing the dedicated form in all of its parts, from January 18th 2017 through November 30th 2017. Any registrations carried out after that deadline will not be considered valid.
For the registration to be completed successfully, it is required that:
- all of the obligatory sections of the form are filled out;
- the photo is uploaded correctly and respects the requirements as detailed in point 7;
- the boxes are checked relating to: the declaration of exclusive and total ownership of the photo by the part of the contestant, acceptance of the contest rules and acceptance of the treatment of personal data.
Article 7 – Photos
To be valid for the contest, each photo must respect the following conditions.
The photo must show:
- a piece of the DHG cake (which will be sent with each order placed on www.dhgshop.it until November 30th 2017);
- an object created with our materials and/or our raw materials;
- a typical object or place of the country of residence of the contestant.
The photograph must be:
- in horizontal format;
- in JPEG or PNG format;
- 1000×668 pixel, 72 dpi in size;
- the file can have a maximum size of 5 MB.
No other forms of registration than those described here above will be accepted. If any obligatory information requested upon registration is missing, it cannot be added at a later time and it will render the registration void.
Photos will not be published immediately after submission but only after the approval of the Sponsor. As confirmation that the photo has been published on www.dhgten.com, an email willl be sent to the contestant.
Article 8- Selection of winners, vote of the panel judges and announcement of the winner
From all of the participants, four winners will be chosen, one each trimester. The choice made by the Guest Judges, nominated by the Sponsor, is final.
The originality of the photo and the adherence to the theme of “DHG Around The World” will be the fundamental criteria for the selection of the finalists. Any piece (or pieces) created with DHG products and included in a photo will not be judged in any way.
The name of and the photo by the winner of each trimester will be published on the website www.dhgten.com within the 15th day of the first month of the following trimester. The name of the final winner and their photo will be published at the end of the contest, within December 15th 2017.
Publication on the webiste www.dhgten.com is to be considered an official communication.
The Sponsor retains the right to use the photos submitted for the contest to promote said contest and the products and services of the Sponsor.
Article 10 – Acceptance of the contest rules
Participation in the contest implies the acceptance on the part of the contestant of all of the terms and information contained in the contest rules.
Pursuant to art. 13 of Legislative Decree 196/2003, we specify that:
- The personal data provided by the artist will be used exclusively in reference to the contest in which the artist has entered, in the ways and within the limits of the actions necessary to carry out the contest, including in the case of possible third party communications;
- The treatment of this personal data will be carried out both on paper and electronically, using tools suitable to guarantee the safety and the confidentiality of said data;
- The conferral of personal data is optional. However, the refusal to provide personal data may make it objectively impossible to carry out procedures necessary to the contest as well as to follow the laws and/or regulations regarding the operating procedures of the contest;
- Personal data can be transmitted and distributed when allowed for by the law and regulations or when said actions are functional to the operation of the contest;
- The artist can, at any time, exercise their rights in regards to the data controller pursuant to art. 7 of Legislative Decree 196/2003 and in particular can, at any time, obtain the confirmation of the existance of personal data, the amendendment, integration or elimination of said data, or object in whole or in part to the data treatment;
- The data controller is Main Street Srl located in Usella-Cantagallo (PO). The people in charge of data treatment can be contacted through email@example.com;
Article 12 – Guest Judges
The Guest Judges will be nominated by the organizer.
Every trimester will have a different Guest Judge who will be officially presented at the end of the three-month period for which they are called to judge. The Guest Judge will be presented in a special online profile which can be found on www.dhgten.com.
The judging criteria and choice of judges will be essentially based on the comparative examination of each submission, the quality, originality and adherence to the theme.
The winner will be chosen at the incontestable discretion of the judges who will give the reasons for their choice. In the case that no photo is considered adequate, the judges retain the authority to not name a winner, giving the reasons for their decision.
Article 13 – Communication and information
The contest rules will be published on the website www.dhgten.com. For any further information about the “DHG Around The World” contest, you can contact the Sponsor’s administrative office by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org